Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Whole Wide Everyting Else in the World

The time has come to tell you about Grover - you know, cute and furry from Sesame Street.

When my children were young, one of them had a book called Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wild World Museum (We all loved it so much - I have it saved somewhere). Each time we read it we watched Grover visit the rooms in the museum to view the different collections of items:So why am I telling you about this book (did I tell you we all just loved it?) today? To finish the book, Grover pushes on a door labeled "Everything Else" and it opens to the outside.

Here's the connection :

Today it's been raining. MAD got soaked when she went out this morning and again when she went three doors down to Starbucks for her fix this afternoon.


Mr. MAD had thrown out his back and MAD thought it prudent to stay home and keep him from doing more damage. But my walk on my rain-soaked block near U Street reminded me so much of Grover's emergence. Each time I walk down the street I get to see the status of the Spring flowers. There is a yard of red tulips across the street that are getting ready to pop and I can't wait to see them in action*. There is a triangle at the corner filled with ground covers and Daffodils (almost finished blooming) that I hadn't seen before. One yard has Bleeding Heart in bloom. It's the Whole Wide Everything Else in the World Museum, right on my block.


Bet there's one on your block, too.



*I went out less than 2 hours later to take pictures to show you and the tulips are just about open. April showers, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment