Monday, April 13, 2009

Take Me Out

If I can tour it, I can blog it. Notice I didn't say I did tour it, but Nationals Park offers tours and so do museums, so Nationals Park can count as a museum (?) Remember, MAD makes the rules.
Opening Day 2009 at Nationals Park. MAD's OS took her for her birthday present. How fun to be able to get to a baseball game with a 10 minute subway ride. Having arranged to meet near the exit for the ballpark, my son got on my train and came right into my car.

How fun to climb to our seats and see the Capitol from the concourse - and the Washington Monument over the other side.

The park is somewhat utilitarian in its green design and very patriotic in the red, white and blue of its colors. MAD loves navy blue so was very happy looking at the seats. And the big Ws reminded her of Wegmans.

OS bought a program and a pencil as part of my birthday present and we kept score together. Gotta keep my Nationals pencil - it cost a buck - for scoring more games this season.

And for a repeat performance Opening Day 2010. Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment