Thursday, January 1, 2009

MAD day one coming soon


Day One MAD is now scheduled for Saturday January 17. I am driving from Buffalo to DC on that Friday so by Saturday morning or thereabouts I should be all set for my first MAD.

What's on the agenda? Just read a review of a Miro show at MOMA in the November 10th issue of The New Yorker. Peter Schjeldahl referred to "The Farm" which he called "... a treasure in the National Gallery in Washington". Sounds good to me!

Now Buffalo has the Albright-Knox - a world class art musuem -and another good one the Burchfield-Penney just opened in November; there's lots of good stuff - but when have I ever been able to walk out my front door and grab public transportation to see a work of art that I read about in a magazine?

Too much stimulation overwhelms me in museums. I'd rather see a few things really intensely than race from item to item. So while I'm sure I'll get distracted on my way to and from The Farm , I'll try to focus on that one painting and anything closely related and close by. And since I am making my own MAD rules, I can go back another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment